Right now, tickets for the 2021 International Edgar Allan Poe Festival & Awards are on sale and details about the return of the festival plus The Black Cat Ball, the Poe Funeral Re-enactment and the NEW "Poe in Film & Fashion" Exhibit are outlined in our list of 10 Things to Know About Poe Fest International. Plus, want to know about parking, host hotel, and safety protocols for those traveling to Baltimore? Check out our updated Frequently Asked Questions page!
1. General Admission is FREE
The festival is a FREE, family-friendly, two-day outdoor event. 2021 Poe Festival Int’l is October 2 & 3, 2021, from 11AM to 4PM each day.
2. There will also be a virtual program
We are very pleased that the live event can return, but a virtual program is also planned for those who cannot yet travel to Baltimore! Watch livestreamed events on Facebook Live, YouTube Live and Twitch all day long, Saturday & Sunday festival weekend, or sign up for Virtual Tours.
3. Stage Program posts September 1
Live performances are planned on the festival main stage at Poe Fest Int’l—music, dramatic readings of Poe’s works, original theatrical performances. We are welcoming back several theater troupes and performers from previous years, as well as new acts!
4. Tour tickets have sold out in previous years, so get your tickets early!
Additional events festival weekend are ongoing at locations away from festival grounds. VIP ticketed tour options are available, including:
- “Death Weekend” Bus Tour, $59. Includes several stops around the city of Baltimore, exploring the mysterious death of Edgar Allan Poe in Baltimore. This tour includes the “Poe in Film & Fashion” Exhibit at 1840s Plaza!
- E.A. Poe Funeral Re-enactment and the “Poe in Film & Fashion” Exhibit, $20 online/ $25 at door.
- Tours of the Edgar Allan Poe House & Museum, $20 online, $25 at door.
Visit PoeFestInternational.eventbrite.com to purchase!
5. Poe House requires tickets for entry.
Tours of Poe House require tickets and are not included with admission to the festival. This precious historic site is very small; tickets are limited so that we may protect and preserve the house for future generations to enjoy and study. Virtual tours are available with the Virtual Festival Pass.
6. Attendees enjoy special rates at the Lord Baltimore Hotel
The Lord Baltimore Hotel is the host hotel for 2021 Poe Fest International. Reserve your rooms here: https://reservations.travelclick.com/85390?groupID=3187327
7. Bus lines bring you to Poe Fest Int'l, including the Charm City Circulator (free)
The Charm City Circulator will bring you to Poppleton and Baltimore Streets, three blocks from the festival.
Lyft, Uber and other rideshare services, use the intersection of W. Lexington & Schroeder Streets for drop-off/pickup.
Limited Street parking is available. Paid parking in a secure garage is the corner of Poppleton & Baltimore Street, three blocks from Poe House.
8. The Black Cat Ball is the Official Party of the International Edgar Allan Poe Festival & Awards.
The Black Cat Ball is the Official Party of the International Edgar Allan Poe Festival & Awards. This year’s Black Cat Ball is a Hollywood Gothic theme, featuring performances in the 1840s Plaza Cabaret plus after-hours access to the “Poe in Film & Fashion” Exhibit and a cognac toast to Edgar Allan Poe! Your most glamorous and gothic costumes encouraged. Ticket is all-inclusive food, beer & wine plus specialty cocktails, and entertainment, $135 per person. Sorry, this party is 21 and over only; 100% ID check!
(LIMITED VIP Black Cat Ball package includes a private performance and séance at the historic Carroll Mansion.)
9. The Saturday 'Visiter' Awards Winners will be announced festival weekend.
Winners of the Saturday Visiter Awards, an honor recognizing a new generation of artists & writers inspired by Edgar Allan Poe, will be announced at the Black Cat Ball! Meet the nominees at the festival, then join us the night of October 2nd as we toast the 2021 winners!
10. This festival includes programming from preeminent “Poe Places."
This festival includes programming from other “Poe Places” around the United States, including The Poe Museum (Richmond,)The Poe Cottage (NYC,) The Poe Studies Association, The Edgar Allan Poe Society of Baltimore, Westminster Hall & Burial Ground (Baltimore,)The United States Military Academy at West Point, and The Edgar Allan Poe House & Museum (Baltimore.)
We'll continue to bring you new about this event as we count down to Poe Fest Int'l. It's a momentous time, and we don't want you to miss anything!
P.S. Marylanders! Don't forget that call for entries is ongoing for the Young Saturday ‘Visiter’ Awards, sponsored by the Baltimore National Heritage Area, recognizing High School students in Maryland who create artistic works inspired by Edgar Allan Poe.Spread the word!