**Baltimore City has entered Phase 2 of re-opening the city after emergency COVID-19 response. Social distancing remains paramount, and tours of the historic Edgar Allan Poe House & Museum pose special challenges due to size of the site and other preservation considerations. Poe House is re-opening to the public on a LIMITED, appointment-only basis beginning July 2, 2020. For the safety of everyone, including House Staff, please follow all health and safety protocols when booking or you may be denied entry, or asked to leave the premises, without refund. Thank you for working with us to keep Poe House a safe and enjoyable experience for all. **
Safety Protocol for the Re-opening of Poe House
- Timed ticketing and reservation system for private tours available online. All tours are limited to 45 minutes duration.
- Staff will wipe-down surfaces between scheduled visits, along with any other personal protective measures such as hand-washing and disinfecting. Wait times may occur between scheduled tours.
- No more than six visitors in Poe House at one time. Parties of more than six (including small children over the age of 3) must reserve additional sessions. There are no re-entry privileges once guests exit the building.
- All visitors and staff must wear face coverings over nose and mouth at Poe House and on house grounds. These spaces include the courtyard, and standing in line outside the door.
- Visitors will be asked to disinfect hands upon entering Poe House.
- Visitors are asked to observe the house safety procedure of one person at a time in the house stairwell. Keep clear of the top and base of stairs as guests climb or descend.
We will continue to update this strategy as CDC, and state-wide guidelines evolve and will make every effort to inform the public of any changes to the above-stated safety measures.