7-8pm, October 7: Fells Point Ghost Tour
About this event:
The good people at Baltimore Fells Point Ghost Tour are offering a special Poe-themed tour in Fells Point to benefit to the Edgar Allan Poe House and Museum. This 1-Hour Poe House Benefit Ghost Tour includes:
- Poe’s time in Baltimore on Mechanic’s Row, when he roamed the streets of Fells Point with his sailor friend, Toohey.
- Hair-straightening tales of haunting spirits from real-life events
- An in-depth and unique perspective on Fells Point history
- And so much more!
Join them under the cover of night to explore the many haunted pubs, shops, and residences. But don’t stray too far from the group because you never know when you’ll find yourself face to face with the unknown. You never know what lurks in the shadows and dark alleys, find out today! Advanced tickets recommended.
Tickets may be purchased via our provider, Zerve, at http://www.zerve.com/BALGhostTour/PoeHouse or call Zerve at (800) 979-3370 (Gratuity is not included, but is always appreciated if you have a good time. Exact meeting location details in Fells Point (Baltimore, MD) will be provided immediately upon purchase of tickets.)
Background: Edgar Allan Poe died in Baltimore on October 7, 1849 under mysterious circumstances. To commemorate the 165th anniversary of that inexplicable event, from 7-8pm on October 7, 2014, Baltimore Ghost Tours will host a special commemorative ghost tour so you can explore the same streets where Poe once walked, and hear tales of the spirits that haunt historic Fell’s Point.
- Poe only made nine dollars off The Raven. Baltimore Ghost Tours is generously hoping to do a little better for Baltimore’s Poe House and Museum with this “don’t miss” event, and will donate all proceeds to the Poe House. Guides will regale the group with tales of Poe’s time in Fells Point, including a bad romance, where he liked to drink, and the local pub with a mischievous ghost nicknamed Edgar.
- Click here to learn more about this Poe House & Museum Benefit/Baltimore Ghost Tours event: http://www.baltimoreghosttours.com/poeghosttour.html and here to answer specific questions: http://www.zerve.com/BALGhostTour/PoeHouse