Poe House is OPEN for tours every Thursday thru Sunday from 11AM to 4PM (please check our events calendar for inclement weather closures or special events.) Reservations are REQUIRED. Indoor mask mandate is still in place for Baltimore City, and Poe House will continue to require face masks as a condition for entry to the historic site for reasons of ventilation and space.
Poe Baltimore has implemented the following procedures to keep house operations ongoing and safe. We ask for your patience and compliance for your own safety as well as for our staff and volunteers:
- Reservations are now required to enter Poe House. (See the links above to visit the ticketing site.) Walk-ups are not permitted.
- Face-coverings over nose and mouth (i.e. masks) are still required for the duration of your visit, regardless of vaccination status. There are no exceptions. Mesh materials, vented masks and/or face shields do not meet our standard for face-covering and will not serve in lieu of proper attire. Should staff determine your mask does not meet our standard, a guest may be denied entry and turned away without refund.
- Upon arriving at Poe House, guests will be asked to line up outside to await entry to Poe House. All members of your party must be present before entry.
- Visitors inside Poe House is limited to no more than SIX (6) people at a time; as of June 24, 2021, capacity will be lifted to no more than TEN (10.) Larger parties must book additional tour times, with each tour limited to no more than six individuals, including small children.
- Re-entry is not permitted.
- Staff will break intermittently to re-sanitize handrails, doorknobs, and other surfaces in the House. Guests may experience wait times between entries.
House staff and volunteers have been advised to follow all health protocols provided by the Centers for Disease Control, the State of Maryland and the City of Baltimore, and to stay at home if they have any flu-like symptoms. In the event of emergency absence of key personnel, Poe House may be closed without prior warning. We will update the website and social media as soon as we learn of pending closure; all reserved tours will be notified before their visit.
Our hope is that austere measures will not be needed much longer, and we continue to monitor www.cdc.gov, www.maryland.gov, and baltimorecity.gov for guidance. Poe Baltimore programming continues and there are no other schedule changes or canceled events at this time. Thank you for supporting Poe Baltimore/ The Edgar Allan Poe House & Museum.
Director, Poe Baltimore