During Phase 2, government guidance for COVID-19 (aka Corona Virus) recommends social distancing and masks for public sites and events re-opening to visitors. Poe House is OPEN for private tours every Thursday thru Sunday from 11AM to 4PM (please check our events calendar for inclement weather closures or special events.) Reservations are REQUIRED.
Poe Baltimore has also implemented the following procedures to keep house operations ongoing and safe. We ask for your patience and compliance for your own safety as well as for our staff and volunteers:
- Reservations are now required to enter Poe House. To book a private tour, please visit our new ticketing site. Walk-ups are not permitted.
- Face-coverings over nose and mouth (i.e. masks) are required for the duration of your visit.
- Upon arriving at Poe House, guests will be asked to line up outside to await entry to Poe House. All members of your party must be present before entry.
- Visitors inside Poe House will be limited to no more than SIX (6) people at a time. Larger parties must book additional tour times, with each tour limited to no more than six.
- Re-entry is not permitted.
- Staff will break intermittently to re-sanitize handrails, doorknobs, and other surfaces in the House. Guests may experience wait times between entries.
House staff and volunteers have been advised to follow all health protocols provided by the Centers for Disease Control, the State of Maryland and the City of Baltimore, and to stay at home if they have any flu-like symptoms. In the event of emergency absence of key personnel, Poe House may be closed without prior warning. We will update the website and social media as soon as we learn of pending closure; all reserved tours will be notified before their visit.
Our hope is that austere measures will only be needed for a short time, and we continue to monitor www.cdc.gov, www.maryland.gov, and baltimorecity.gov for guidance. Poe Baltimore programming work continues and there are no other schedule changes or canceled events at this time. Thank you for supporting Poe Baltimore/ The Edgar Allan Poe House & Museum.
Director, Poe Baltimore